Saturday, August 11, 2007

London Day 7

We finished up our ministry projects in the morning. It felt like we had just started them. Had a great time with the kids. Then, we had a picnic with the ladies who had been learning English and their kids. It was pretty cool. We had this fried chicken which tasted like Pioneer Chicken - a place I used to go to when I was a kid. There were also some different foods that the ladies had prepared and shared with us.

After the picnic, we headed to one of our hosts' house for a final debrief and dinner. It was a really good time of closure for the trip as we discussed what God had shown us. We also were able to hear from two newer believers who are from a country that would severely persecute them if the wrong people found out about their faith. I told Nicole that I was impressed with how much this believer had grown in the last year. She's more mature than most American Christians who've been believers for 20+ years.

It was a great time of ministry. I was also able to talk with one of our partners about a potential high school ministry trip back to London. I'm excited to begin to think and pray through the possibilities. London '08 may be coming.....

1 comment:

B. C. Lovato said...

Dude, I had fish and chips the other day and the batter tasted like the ol' pioneer. That's all.